Sunday, January 5, 2014

Butterscotch cookies

I may have already mentioned this but my daughter hates chocolate chips.
Not just a little bit. If I can convince her to try a cookie with Chocolate chips in it she slowly picks them out and throws them away when I'm not looking.

It only confuses me.
so she likes to tell me exactly what kind of cookies I should make. When I make the wrong kind she understandably reminds me AGAIN that chocolate chips are not her favorite. So half of my cookies can't have any chocolate chips in them.

The things we do for our kiddos. One of the things I did for my kids a while back was to hide all their Halloween candy on top of the fridge so I could secretly throw it away make sure they didn't eat too much.
Since that didn't work perfectly I decided to employ their help is distributing candy into cookie "recipes." It took all of one type of candy to make these nice cookies.



Butterscotch Reeces Cookies


1 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1.5 cups light brown sugar
whip together

2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
mix

2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt
add in 3 parts

A whole bunch of reeces pieces candy  bags. 
Or you can go buy a bag at the store and save some time with the tiny wrappers
1 package butterscotch chips
mix

bake 350 for 12 minutes or until done.

Finally a cookie my daughter can get behind.








No comments:

Post a Comment