Sunday, November 10, 2013

Peanut Butter M&M Cookies

Happy Cookie Sunday!

Today I just made one of my favorite type of cookies. The first thing I realized was that I was pretty much out of brown sugar. Which is a life threatening disaster when you are trying to make cookies every week. Last week I ran out of butter though and luckily a friend brought me some. I have tons of butter this week.

SO... I improvised a little. Also almost out of peanut butter. and milk. and all types of food because I haven't gone grocery shopping this week yet.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who keeps putting it off.

I LOVE peanut butter M&M cookies. I like making them little and eating a ton of them. I ate three of them today. I use a little ice cream scoop to measure out my cookies. I can fit 15 cookies onto one cookie sheet. Also I should mention that I have favorite cookie sheet brands and I feel pretty strongly about it. The Williams Sonoma Goldtouch nonstick pan is one of my favorites. I also like the Calphalon kitchen essentials series but I think I got it at bed bath and beyond and I have no idea what specific cookie sheet it is. If you just get really cheap crappy cookie sheets then your cookies might not cook as well. I use aluminum foil to line my cookie sheets. So I don't have to wash them. I've tried parchment paper and one of the silpat liners but I haven't tested those as much.



Peanut Butter M&M cookies
1 stick of margarine
1 stick of unsalted Tilamook butter
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
cream sugar and butter for at least 2 minutes

1 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp vegetable oil
mix

2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla 
mix

3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
blend dry ingredients. I used a whisk
mix with other ingredients in at least 3 parts

1 bag mini M&Ms 
1 bag milk chocolate chips.
mix
chill at least one hour
scoop onto pre lined cookie sheets
bake for 10 minutes at 350degrees




No comments:

Post a Comment