Monday, November 25, 2013

Merry Christmas Peppermint Crinkle Cookies

Peppermint Red Crinkle Cookies

I love most uses of powdered Sugar. Because it is Sugar.So in my quest to find more ways to fill the world with powdered sugar I like to roll cookies in it. These cookies are an adaptation of a traditional crinkle cookie. It started when I was at our grocery store and saw a product that I needed to buy for cookies:Andes Mints Peppermint baking chips. Now that I've tried them I want to go buy Williams-Sonoma Peppermint Bark and go cookie crazy. When I say cookie crazy I might mean eating half of it myself.


1 cup vegetable shortening at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup sugar
Mix together three minutes medium speed.

3 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla
15 drops red food coloring (optional)
Add wet ingredients together than mix in one egg at a time. More food coloring can be added until you get the desired color.

 3 cups of flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
have dry ingredients together and mix together with a wire whisk. Split the mixture into three smaller bowls. Children need to add each part of the cookie recipe in parts and it's easier with a separate bowl.

1 bag Andes Mints Peppermint Candies
Mix on low speed.

1 cup powdered sugar 
Drop cookie dough in powdered sugar and roll around until coated.
Refrigerate one hour and bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
Tell your daughter you can't make green cookies until next week.




So close to Christmas Decoration time...


Check me out on Instagram. I make two recipes a week and take pictures of them. because I like cookies.

Like Claire and Janae on Facebook. Because the more people like me the more I want to give people stuff for liking me. I'm totally open to ideas about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment