Friday, November 1, 2013

Taking Halloween Pictures

Today Little Mr. was walking around in my gray UGG boots and growling. He was crushing all the toys he encountered like a little tyrant. He loves wearing huge shoes. I didn't quite remember if my other kids used to do that.
I wanted to take a picture but I didn't have my phone and I was about to try to go get it.  There wasn't time though. So I decided to just sit and watch and not worry about my phone. Or rushing to see the next thing my friends were doing online. I have seen so many people who got family Halloween pictures and have an adorable matching themed outfit. I probably should have made costumes since I sew. I wanted an adorable professional photo in the fall leaves surrounded by buckets and wearing hand sewn candy bar costumes. I didn't really have time to stage that, or make that. We did it last year but I missed the last weekend when the weather was good.
Then I wanted to write it down so I could remember the picture I didn't have of him in my shoes.
Yesterday was Halloween, a day I LOVE. except I was super overwhelmed at the prospect of three children alone at Halloween. I had no costume so I called my friend and asked her if she had something I could borrow. When I arrived at her house she pulled out her storage bin full of costumes. It was AMAZING. I don't even own one wig and she owns more than three. For example I borrowed a Marge Simpson wig. She asked me weeks ago if I wanted to go trick or treating together before I even  realized I was dreading it. Then she brought them to my work to do the trick or treat. I don't know if you are aware but everyone at my work had a bucket of candy and the kids got to come around and fill up their buckets. Also, we had donuts and trail mix and water. My little spiderman and peacock and dragon had quite the haul.
On the way home I realized I was in trouble. I wanted to go to bed, not pass out candy to a million kids. So rather than cancelling trick or treating like I wanted to do when they were screaming in the car I decided to walk around our small neighborhood.
http://instagram.com/p/bwgog6ijl6/

Whenever we walk together or go hiking it usually looks something like this. The Peacock runs ahead and Spiderman falls behind and Dragon can't decide where to go but sort of doesn't want to be carried. The only difference tonight was that Mark was ahead of me. That my friends, is the power of candy. Little Mr. decided he wanted to attack a few people in the legs since he was a dinosaur. He let out a great rawr as he grabbed a monk by the legs and wouldn't let go. Then Mr. Dinosaur had to go walking on his hands and feet while growling about the universe. He took a pause to roll on the ground and pretend he was asleep. He walked into people's houses and tried to visit their pets. He stomped in puddles.

Spiderman never once asked me to carry him. Well, actually he did once but he didn't throw himself on the floor when I said no. My kids got great candy. They got almost as much as they got at the company party. They saw their friends. Little Mr. almost understands that we aren't visiting each person's house to stay and eat candy.
I couldn't take pictures. Dragons are hard to control when they have eaten candy for two hours straight.I have a few pictures from yesterday and most of them are pretty blurry. Just a little dinosaur who is the craziest happy one when he is full of sugar and a peacock running far ahead. So this year I won't have pictures. I will remember though.

http://instagram.com/p/gMHWw9CjgY/

No comments:

Post a Comment